smashed bananas

Favorite vicitm of the flummox caused by perpetual existential malaise. I am disenchanted with 99% of the meaningless things that clutter our universe.

Thursday, November 29, 2007

Shackelton should have tried law



H.M.S.C Law
Journal Entry
Day #143:

Still shipwrecked.

Spent the entire day buried within the stacks of the library. Diving into books I never knew existed, only to discover I'd discovered nothing at all. My memo squeals with hunger for some Jurisprudential history, but oh, how I cannot feed it! Will resume mission tomorrow; ready to employ new hunting techniques which will hopefully prove more successful. Lead on some different bait that has worked for some of the other crew.

Tried to combat the unhealthy eating habits we acquire during periods of great stress. Packed a salad in lieu of chips and corn dog. Only to open my bag and have the room permeated by the smell of balsamic vinegar that had exploded within the lunch kit my mom so graciously gave me before setting sail to this, the open sea. Will continue to avoid scurvy, but not sure how long I can holdout for. Mission failed.

HMS vessels BCMHA and CCC s.672.1 seem to be too far ahead to catch. My peers seem to be coping much better than I; when we meet in said stacks I'm intimidated by their grasp of the law and how much progress they've made with hunting info and gathering cases. Feeling slightly discouraged. But will try new traps tomorrow.

Apparently, come spring, the ice will begin to crack so my ship can once again sail brilliantly in the wide open sea of logic, analysis and critical thinking. However. The prospect of a long and lonely winter looms before me; the only light which keeps me from cannibalism is the knowledge of HMSC Moot. For it is she that will once again spark my excitement and passion for the sea I so naively once called my home.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well written article.

7:15 a.m.  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you should be a journalist.. not a lawyer

1:53 p.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home