smashed bananas

Favorite vicitm of the flummox caused by perpetual existential malaise. I am disenchanted with 99% of the meaningless things that clutter our universe.

Saturday, February 24, 2007

Going Minimal vs. Excess

So I'm trying to syphon through the endless possibilities of what to brink (read:wear) while on vacay in Egypt, Germany and London. I'm trying to go super minimal, like a tiny carry-on size bag that would make it way easier to travel around with. I recall being in London and France the last time I was there and having to haul a giant bag with only half wheels around the greater western European area. Navigating through Euston to Paddington to catch the Eurostar on the eve of a bank holiday, bogged down by a fucking 50 lbs. bag of shite really sucked. It f--ing totally sucked.

And I swore then and there that the next time I returned to Europe i would a) have enough $$ to NOT stay in Hostels and b) not have such a cumbersome, heavy bag. So I'm going really really light, like one pair of jeans, a few Ts a dress and like 8 pairs of shoes. Thoughts?

1 Comments:

Blogger ErinCW said...

Anna!!!!!!!!
Sorry for dissapearing off the scene for a while. When do you actually leave for your vacation? Or are you already zipping about Europe? You should stop over in Paris, even if only for one day or something. Email me! I hope to see you around.
Erin

6:42 a.m.  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home