smashed bananas

Favorite vicitm of the flummox caused by perpetual existential malaise. I am disenchanted with 99% of the meaningless things that clutter our universe.

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Vancouver = Good


After startlingly low circulation numbers I was forced to resign my post aka this shitty blog back in March. However, in an effort to avoid mass emails I've decided to start writing again on this ol thing; for someone with not much time on their hands it seems an easier way to communicate than writing 100 emails / day.

Vancouver is great. I actually don't hate it here as much as I had anticipated and am finding the weather very agreeable. Can weather be agreeable? Anyway was down at Wreck beach the other day and dispite the obvious reasons why I wouldn't have a gay old time I did surprisingly enjoy the beautiful ocean and reading my contracts textbook in the sand. The dude walking around selling beer and other herbal refreshments was also a refreshing sight. Don't worry mom I didn't have any money so didn't purchase anything.

Law school is rad so far. O Week was extremely taxing, physically and mentally. The days were long and the nights very short. I am not so much shocked as I am in disbelief at the amount you are required to drink and socialize here. Every single lunch hour and evening has been booked up for Dean's Lunches, McMillan Binch Mendelsohn BBQ's and sundry pub and bar nights- all with essentially mandatory ( "First year students are STRONGLY ENCOURAGED to attend: Remember, these people will be your furure employers and colleagues and it's important for you to start networking now! If you don't show up you will be subject to humilation by the upper years") attendance. And that quote is verbatim from my O Week package.

I am making loads of friends, some good some great, and have already had a party. It was well attended. I've also already had 3 house guests including Marian D. so have felt a little stratched thin as of late. The work is interesting and enjoyable. I am a neo-Luddite because I refuse to use a lap top in class. I may have to throw in the towel and buy a spinning jenny after all. David has been wonderful, he and Cory have treated me to their company, dinners and movies; it's been rad having such a close family member here. I am looking forward to really sinking my teeth into the material and trying to have the best year I can. I think that too is a verbatim O week quote. Shit.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home